It’s February, and love is in the air! Now is a great time to show some love to your clients, your former clients, your referral sources, and your team. The famous line from the movie Jerry Maguire was, “Show me the money!” I say if you show your clients, your referral sources, and your team some love, the money will follow.
Here are 10 things you can do to start spreading the love around. You might feel that some of these ideas would never work for your firm. That’s fine. Don’t do those things. But there are some things on the list that you can do. So pick at least three things and get busy. Do something to spread the love. It will make you feel great. Your clients will thank you. Your referral sources will thank you. Your team will thank you. And . . bottom line . . . your bottom line with thank you!
- Pick up the phone and call three former clients or referral sources. (Hint: Make this a habit. Do it at least three times a week.)
- Send chocolates.
- Send flowers
- Have a local bakery deliver a tray of pastries and coffee to your office.
- Send everybody on your team a funny Valentine eCard.
- Have a special lunch delivered to the office.
- Send cookies from Selma’s. (Yum. One of my clients sent me cookies from Selma’s for Christmas. They are unbelievable!)
- Send your team to the spa for the afternoon.
- Send your best clients and referral sources a handwritten note letting them know how much you enjoy working with them and how much you appreciate them.
- Send everyone on your team a handwritten note. See #9.
These are just some ideas to get you thinking. Any of them would be appreciated. But if you really want to make an impact, ask people what they love. Make your gifts personal.
What are you doing to do to show the love to the people who make your practice possible?