“There is an enormous disconnect between understanding and doing.” – Marshall Goldsmith
“Success lies in both understanding and doing. Taking action is key.” – Nora Riva Bergman
We are constantly in process. We are either moving forward or we are not. And in today’s world if we are not moving forward we are moving backward. Often the pace can feel frenetic. Crazy. Too much to do and not enough time to do it.
If self-help books were the answer, we’d all be fantastically fit millionaires. There sure are enough books out there to give us the answers we’re looking for. The thing is, having the answers isn’t enough to change your life. Knowledge won’t change your life. Knowledge doesn’t change behavior.
The only thing that will change your life is you taking action to change your life.
How can a coach help?
A coach can help you take the action you want to take. With a coach by your side you can move from merely knowing what you want to do – to taking action – to actually “doing it.”
Simply put, a coach can help you achieve your goals. Think about it. All great athletes work with coaches. They wouldn’t be great athletes without coaching. A coach can help you define the goals for your life and your practice, then set out a strategy to achieve those goals. Most importantly a coach will be there with you to support you and hold you accountable to those goals that you know you can achieve.
What are the benefits of coaching?
- Neutral person to discuss thoughts and ideas with
- Increased speed and confidence in decision making
- Resolution of internal crisis in individual alignment of personal and firm goals
- Development and refinement of skills (strategic, time management / productivity, client development / marketing, staffing / people development, profitability / cash flow, leadership / management, communication)
- Integration of new skills and knowledge into behavior
- Focus present performance for exceptional business results
- Improved confidence and results in guiding change
- Balancing work, health, family, personal growth, etc.
7 Ways Coaching Can Help You Change Your Life
- Gain Focus and Clarify Your Goals. Success isn’t magical. Success is all about focus. Successful people learn to develop a laser-like focus. Make it a habit to focus on your goals with clarity and determination, then take action in the direction of your goals, and you’ll begin to see your world change around you.
- Take Action. As I said before, merely, knowing what you want to do isn’t enough. Merely, getting focused and clarifying your goals isn’t enough. You must ACT! You gotta DO SOMETHING! You can’t wait until you have more money in the bank, your kids are in school (starting college, out of the house), or you’ve lost that 20 pounds. If you’re ready to make the changes you want for your life, a coach can motivate you to action and hold you accountable to your goals.
- Learn to manage yourself. I’ve got secret for you: There is no such thing as time management. I know there are hundreds of books out there that pretend to tell us how to manage time. But the truth is: We cannot manage time, we can only manage ourselves. You have the same 24 hours in the day as Thomas Jefferson, Albert Einstein, Mother Theresa, Bill Gates, Richard Branson, and Oprah. It’s how you manage yourself that matters.
- Help you work smarter – not harder. Once you get control of yourself – both literally and figuratively – you’ll begin to make better choices about how you spend your time and what you focus on. Your days will become more effort-less as you focus on those things that really matter.
- Balance and Blending. A coach can help you work toward balance. Keep this in mind – balance is elusive. You must constantly work toward achieving it. You won’t simply “find” balance in your life. You must act to create balance. I like to think of balance in terms of “blending” all aspects of life – work, home, friends, community, fun. Today technology provides us with new and different ways to work that allow for work-life blending. Make the most of it.
- Earn More. Most of us want to earn more. But for some, it’s not about earning more money, although a coach can certainly make a difference there. For some, it’s about earning more time with your family and loved ones, earning more travel time, earning more self-confidence. Whatever it is for you, a coach can help you earn more.
- Have Fun. OK. Why do any of the above if you’re not having fun in the process? Your life and your business should be fun. Get out there and have some fun!
Ready to get started?
Contact us for information about coaching.